Cut and loop
Cut pile high twist
Multi level loop
Height & Thickness
Want plush? Or sleek? Or something in between? Carpet density is basically a combination of height and thickness. Together they are key factors in your carpet’s look and feel, and they also influence its resilience and durability. Get to know the basics below to decide which options are best for your home and lifestyle.
How tightly carpet fibers are packed together determines its thickness or density.
- Tightly packed fibres resist soil and spills.
- Gives a sleeker, modern look
- Feels comfortable and
- Denser carpet is more durable.
- Looser fibres look more casual.
- Resists damage better than thin carpet
- Good for moderate-traffic areas
- Can provide a cleaner, sleeker look
- Most affordable option
- Good for low-traffic areas
The length of a carpet's individual fibres determines whether it has a tall pile, like shag carpet, or a short and flat pile.
- Longer fibres can feel looser yet comfortable
- Tall pile gives a more casual look
- Crushes more easily than short pile carpets
- Good for bedrooms
- Medium height feels slightly plush
- Holds up to traffic better than tall pile
- Good for bedrooms and living rooms
- Short height is sleeker, feels modern
- Versatile; can look formal or casual
- Best for high-traffic areas
- Good for living rooms, halls, dens