Have you ever jumped into the exciting task of rearranging your living room or bedroom, only to find yourself frustrated and stuck two hours later? Perhaps you're one of the many who have chosen to downsize. How do you tackle the challenge of arranging a smaller space and still have room for yourself?
Here are some tips to help you make your home a more livable and interesting place - without running into a wall, so to speak.
- Pick smaller pieces of furniture instead of larger bulkier ones. This will give you lots of versatility and freedom to play around.
- Make sure you have at least 75cm between different pieces of furniture so everyone can get around comfortably.
- If you have a square room that lacks architectural detail, consider putting your furniture at an angle to make it more dynamic.
- New ideas can breathe fresh air into rooms that seem dormant. A long bench can give you extra seating for those unexpected visitors, or it can serve as a great coffee table.
- Vary the height of your furniture to give your room a more relaxed and interesting look.
- Have some fun with textures and patterns. Mixing them up can bring a boring room to life.
- Plan ahead with paper - cut out pieces of your furniture to scale, then play around with your room arrangement. This is an easy way to get a glimpse of what it can look like without having to do any heavy-lifting.