Stain Removal Guide
REMOVING WINE STAINS FROM CARPET
Mix 1/4 teaspoon mild liquid dish soap with one cup warm water.
Mix 2 tablespoons white vinegar with 4 cups warm water.
HOW TO REMOVE WINE FROM CARPET:
- Blot up as much of the wine as possible.
- Prepare suggested cleaning solutions above, beginning with the detergent solution.
- Test the cleaning solution on a small, inconspicuous section of carpet. We want to make sure the solution doesn’t cause any discolouration or damage!
- Apply the solution to a cloth, and use the cloth to apply the solution to the wine stain. For the best results, work from the outside of the stain toward the centre.
- Leave the cleaning solution on the spill for at least five minutes, so it can work its magic
- Blot with a clean white cloth until the wine stain no longer transfers. Be careful not to rub the stained area, or you might damage the carpet fibres!
- Rinse the spot with cold water, making sure all excess cleaning solution is removed from the carpet.
- If the stain is still visible, repeat the process until it is removed, or no longer transfers to the cloth.
- If the wine stain remains, mix the vinegar solution on the list and follow steps 3-8 above. If the stain remains after trying both solutions, contact a professional cleaner.
- Once the stain is removed, layer white paper towels on the site to soak up any extra moisture. Weigh down the towels with a non-staining glass or ceramic object (think like a paperweight), and let them sit overnight.
- When the carpet is dry, vacuum the area to restore the texture.
- Give yourself a big high five. You did it!